Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Would you like the good or the bad news first?

The good news:
Woo hoo! We are going to be paying off our car very soon! This makes me extremely happy! When Tyler and I got married we both owned our vehicles. I had my trusty ol' 95 chevy corsica- my first car and Tyler had a 99 Ford F150. We still have the truck but, about a year and a half ago my poor chevy started having some problems...we figure hey, we'll drive this puppy til she dies! Oh my lovely car had almost 200,000 miles. (I really miss it sometimes until I use the cd player and automatic windows and then I'm reminded that she was ready for "retirement." haha! Well one night I was driving home from work...I live six blocks away from the church I work at so just keep that fact in mind...and the poor ol' gal died 2 times on my way home. We decided that was it, we were talking about having a baby and wanted to make sure we would have a safe car that could actually get us across town and back so we traded her in for my 07 chrysler sebring touring. I LOVE this car! It's lovely! We had been looking at a lot of SUV's and such and then decided we really didn't need it with having the truck and went for the more economic car. We took out at $10,000 loan and have been "overpaying" our payment by a little bit each month and we're mucho mucho (that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge of spanish!) close to having it paid off so to save ourselves on interest goodbye tax return, we're using you to pay off the car. Which means we will be putting that lovely monthly payment back into our checking account each month to go toward student loans and hospital bills and eventually savings :) Step one onto conquering our debt- pay off car- check!
Step two greatly reduce student loans- in the process!
Step three pay off house- oh...that'll be awhile!
Step four pay off the business starting loan- on our way!
Those are our debts. We don't use credit cards, we pay only cash for what we get aside from our major purchases so, two student loans, one house loan, one business loan, a car loan and we'll be debt free! Luckily we're going from 5 debts down to 4!
And the bad...okay our mouse issue ended up being mice. :( this is one unhappy momma right now. Over the spring we installed a new tub in our master bathroom. Apparently there was a pipe that didn't get sealed off very well and it allowed mice to come and go into our bathroom...I'm beyond grossed out and freaked out. Every single item of clothing, bedding, towels, etc. will be gone through to be kept or gotten rid of. Seriously I was wanting to go through our clothes and get rid of a lot but seriously not with this kind of motivation. I'm disgusted and angry that it even happened. So until this mouse situation is under control we will be sleeping upstairs on an air mattress in the living room and Lucy will be sleeping in her playpen that we have in the living room. Oh Seriously I'm freaked out and grossed out and all I want to do is freak out at the thought of it. 3 mice down hopefully only 1 to go but seriously I can't help but keep cringing. They've been in our house for like a week or two and it's just gross. I realize the whole eco system would be screwed up but I really wish God would have gone with out rodents, snakes, bugs, and such when he made the earth...sigh.
So, there you have it our good and bad news of the evening, please pray we can get rid of these mice! I will be so grateful once my house can get back to feeling clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment