Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm not ready for this...

This weekend I will be taking my senior high students to a conference about two hours away. I'll be leaving Tyler and Lucy at home for the weekend...I'm not ready for this. I love picking up my baby and holding her, feeding her, talking to her, cuddling with her. I hate thinking I'll be missing out on her life this weekend.
I read a blog this morning The Staats that broke my heart. Today was quite possibly the worst day I could have read it. Kellie and James lost their four month old daughter to what sounds like SIDS. Lucy is 3 1/2 months and I'm leaving her this weekend. As I read Kellie and James words on missing their daughter I struggle thinking that I have to choose to leave her. They didn't get to choose, she's gone.
I love my daughter so very much, I don't know how I would ever be able to handle losing her. I know it's only friday night-sunday afternoon but it's not going to be easy. And, next weekend I'll be gone friday morning- monday evening for a conference in Chicago. I truly hate being away from my family. I know it will get easier, it will never be easy but, it will get easier...Pray for me this weekend...I need to be able to be strong and focus on my students and I know I'm going to struggle a great deal with thinking about my family... and please pray for the Staats. I couldn't imagine going through anything like that without having the strength of God supporting me and the support of others through prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment