Thursday, February 17, 2011

Growth Chart!

Woo Hoo! I can finally share with you all the growth chart I've been itching to make for Lucy! (keep in mind it's home made so it's not perfect!)
I got a board from RP Lumber- $4.70 and Tyler cut it for me:
Thank you dear!
I swear I would have cut it but if would have ended up super crooked.
I'm going to use the other piece for a second project which I will tell you about later! (Gotta keep you interested, right?!)
Well anyway, I painted them with a white coat of ceiling paint- goes on pink dries bright white so you don't miss a spot! (Used a random can that we had when we painted after buying our house! Free is great, isn't it?!)
And here are the freshly painted boards:

 When I came in from painting I found this:
 It melted my heart. Tyler had to work that night so he and Lucy were just relaxing on the couch and fell asleep like this. I think I took a million pictures it was so cute!
After I got home from church and got Lucy to bed the real fun began! I got my paints, brushes and boards all set up:
 I painted flowers, butterflies and even did some grass!:
I added card stock numbers and 1/4 and 1/2 mark tabs with card stock too:

 And on the top I put "Watch me grow!" keeping with the whole plant theme:
 The glue dried a bit yellowish against the white paint so I need to go over and do some touch up's but over all I was pretty happy with it considering I'm not much of an artist. Here's the standing almost final product:
 It's not exactly what I envisioned (I pictured my painting skills much better then they actually are haha!) But I kinda like it, simple and cute.
And Lucy got to wear her "spring" Jacket this morning! It's so nice out! And she looked so stinkin cute in it I had to take some pictures!
cuteness monster! she has her daddy's crooked smile :)

she almost squints when she smiles really bit it's cute!
Anyway, there it is! The long awaited Growth chart! We're going to get Lucy's 3 month pictures taken tonight and I'm really excited! I just hope she's in a good mood for it! I can't wait to finish my next project with the other "spare" piece of wood! Hopefully you'll get to see it in the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment