Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Tragic Loss...

Oh my...it was a tragic day yesterday for Lucy's swing... yesterday Lucy and I were spending the day together as per our normal tuesday. It was great. She was cuddled up napping in her swing and I was working on a little project (which you will hear about in a later post! I still need to finish it...). I glanced over at her peacefully sleeping and noticed suddenly that the swing wasn't swinging. You could hear the motor running but no swinging action could be seen. No worries, I'll just unplug it and plug it back in, that should solve it. (It always solved the problem in the past...) This time...not so much...apparently I did more damage by unplugging it because I couldn't even get the thing to turn on after this. Sad day. Lucy's cozy swing and mommy's lifesaver was in desperate need of a visit to the toy-emergency room.
Well, when Tyler got home I begged him to take a look at it (since we got it used from a cousin it had no warranty)...he started unscrewing covers to access the electrical stuff and motor....when the cover decided to become nonremovable (Is that not a word? well it is at this moment!) With what appeared to be careful prying the outer cover for the electrical "stuff" it broke. Into a few pieces and no longer held any of the wires and do-dads in place. Lucy's swing died a sad and tragic death. It was long and drawn out (It has been doing this for about a month now...) and now sadly it is resting in pieces in the garage waiting for trash day so it can be delivered to a stinky abyss (aka: landfill).
So, here is a minor tribute to Lucy's first swing...the swing the let me take many a nap, clean many a dish, and kept her in motion when I was feeling stationary. You'll be missed.
Lucy's first time in the swing.

(Oh, and don't tell the old swing but we have a new one to be delivered in a few days thank goodness. Lucy is a huge fan of swinging, she would be heartbroken without one...This is the one we are getting:

 I tried to talk him into a basic one but he said no, if we're going to get one we're getting the awesome one! I think she's got him wrapped around her little fingers already...I think I'm going to be in trouble when it comes to Christmases and birthdays in the future! She can't even talk yet but by golly she knows how to get the best out of him!

And now onto our other exciting news of the day! Over the weekend I talked Tyler into stopping by the lumber yard to get me a board for Lucy's growth chart I've been itching to make! He cut it last night and I'm about it go to the garage to do the first layer of paint- the base color will be white but I got some really cute paint and I'm hoping I can knock out some awesome "free hand" flowers, butterflies, etc. If not then there will be a fresh coat of white paint that will cover it up and I'll be taking the decoupage route instead! Wish me luck and hopefully I will have a finished product for you to see tomorrow! (Tyler is off doing more remodeling electrical work at walmart tonight so I've got plenty of time to work while he is gone! I never can go to bed early when he's away.)

1 comment: