Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bridal Show Decoration Creation: Project #2- "banners"

Oh I love having a reason to decorate in cute girly ways! I've loved being able to use my cricut too! That thing is a life saver! Tonight when I got home from work it was time for my "second job," taking care of all the business stuff for Tyler's business. I got all my quick books entered and updated and I'm happy to report for the 2010 year I am only off on my balance (comparing my records to the bank) by...drum-roll please...2 cents! Woo! Aka: I've successfully completed almost one year of business without any major screw-ups! Lucy was my trusty secretary while I worked...She was rather focused as you can tell by this photo:

my rather focused secretary!
 Shouldn't every secretary make you want to smile like this one!?
 Well, after dinner Tyler ended up having to work tonight. He was supposed to tuesday evening but the walmart he was working at lost power so he came home and it was rescheduled for tonight. So once Lucy was in bed I had some free time. What? Free time? I'd forgotten what it feels like to have free time all to myself! I won't lie, I kinda enjoyed it! Although once I'm done with this post I'd be happy if Tyler came home, I've had enough "me" time... Anyway, I decided to work on some more bridal shower decorations! I finished up the cupcake toppers and made two "banners"!

 Once I got all the letters glued on I hot glued a tooth pick to the back piece of paper and stuck the second one on top. Here's my end result:
 They aren't perfect but, I think they turned out pretty cute! And the fact that they are hand made makes each of them a little different then the next!
I then started on my banners! I cut out six inch patterned circles and 5 inch white circles and 3inch letters:

 And..here the first one is!:
 Simple but girly and something I can use for valentines day in the future! The next one has to be attached to just the right surface or it won't lay right...I was too lazy to walk upstairs and tie it to my china cabinate where it will go so you will just have to use your imagination a bit on this one:
I didn't want it to be tied too tight so it droops too much for how it needs to lay but oh well, I was pretty happy with this one too! I just did heart shapes instead of circles for this one. And, I made the letters removable so I can replace them with a different saying so it will have more uses.
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to decorate my tables so that's going to be my next project for the bridal shower- I need to decorate my dining room table and my coffee table in the living room. I've got some ideas but I haven't decided for sure yet on what I'd like to do. Anyway I'm going to head to bed since it's kinda late! I hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love your patterned paper! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I loved that paper too! I was pretty excited to find a good use for it!

    ReplyDelete