Thursday, February 10, 2011

When Inspiration Strikes!

Oh! I am so excited! Inspiration has hit me! I'm not kidding when I say I feel like I've had my shining light hallelujah/ light bulb moment. These are the moments I truly love my job. When I've hit my stride and I've found something that is going to work so unbelievably well. Have I peeked your curiosity yet?
Well here it is...drum roll please....okay that might be a bit dramatic because honestly I realize I'm probably one of the few that will actually have this much excitement about this project but nonetheless here we go...

I'm going to make a video for our sunrise service this year.
Feeling let down yet? I hope not because seriously this has got to be one of my best ideas ever.
Why do I say that?
Because:
#1 for the past two years I've been at my job my youth group has lead our sunrise service and we've done skits/plays and lead music. It's been okay but it's always a major fight to get them to perform in public.
#2 Teenagers (and most adults) have a serious fear of speaking in public. So allowing them to be taped will make them feel a million times more comfortable.
#3 Teenagers (well the ones I work with) HATE doing skits and memorizing lines so they are always jumbling around scripts and such while "performing" now, I can have "cue cards" that they can read from as they are being taped- I seriously wish I could get my hands on a teleprompter, that would be awesome.
#4 Those who still don't want to talk can be silent. They will hold up signs with scriptures or quotes or single words for dramatic effect.
#5 I don't have to worry about them over sleeping and missing our 7am service- yes this has almost happened before. So, now if they don't show up pft, who cares! I've already got them taped!! (well I care but I won't have to freak out nearly as much)
#6 I don't have to try and get one person to lead a sermon/message. It can be shared amongst all the students.
#7 Our church got a projector system last year and I think it's time we showcase how awesome this thing is.

Now I just need to write the message and schedule a "taping" day.
I'm really excited and I'm praying with all my heart I can get this to work!
It might be a bit ambitious but, it's totally worth trying!

Maybe if you're lucky I'll even post the video to get your opinions before it's official public viewing! (You might not get to walk down a red carpet for the premier showing but hey, our church has red carpet down the aisle so just dream you're walking down it and enjoying a front row seat!)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo that's awesome! My church at home does a lot of that. My dad works the projection room a few weeks each month because he is super techy. Everyone at my church really loves it. [They use it for tons and tons of stuff but one of the things is video skits of the kids] Good luck, I hope everything runs smoothly and I would love to see the video if you upload it on here. :)

    ReplyDelete