Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Murderer!

Did that get your attention? I thought so! Well, I have a confession to make...I am the single worst person to ever be given real plants. I kill them, not intentionally...but it always ends up a sad dehydrated death for them... I'm not kidding, I always forget to take care of my plants, inside and outside, give me stuff that requires no attention because if it needs to be cared for, odds are I will end up killing it because of neglect. :(

Now on to confession number 2: if it doesn't bark, meow, or cry I shouldn't be allowed to take care of it either. When searching my house for the perfect unused vase I found our old fish bowl. Why do you ask would I have a perfectly good fish bowl with no fish? That's right, you guessed it...because I'm a murderer. Well maybe not when it comes to fish, I blame that on the fact that we got our fish from Walmart and they have a sad tendency to die regardless of who owns them.

So why am I telling you this? Because it involves my latest project!
Our DVD stand has been the home of what may qualify as the worlds saddest fern...observe:
How there are still parts of it that are green I will never know considering how very dead the rest of it was...
So today's goal was to make my sad fern disappear and put something in place that would be well, impossible for me to kill!
When looking around the house for some different options I found some fake flowers, my old fish bowl/vase, and some rocks from a small fountain that my dogs had destroyed at one time. I kept the rocks because I thought I could use them for something someday...Here's what I came up with:
 So I had the tissue paper in case the rocks didn't work out like I planned but it did so luckily I didn't have to use it! Here's a picture of my trusty assistant- she really has an eye for interior design, haha!
 So anyway, I  arranged the flowers, and filled the vase with rocks, pretty easy, I know. Then I added a picture frame I was given for christmas and kept my "hope angel" that a friend gave me and ta da!:
Nothing super special but I've really been discovering how much I hate dusting so I'm trying to minimize how much stuff I have to dust and dust around. I'm pretty happy with it, I'm slowly, bit by bit changing up the decorations around the house...It's really kinda sad how so much has been the same the entire time we've lived here! It's nice to have a new feel to it!

My next project I'm getting pretty excited about was inspired by Adrien's recent do-it-yourself projects!
I've been looking at growth charts so we can keep tabs on Lucy's height as she grows and the ones I have found that I like have been insanely over priced so now I'm on the hunt for some super cute girly fabric that I can jazz up and make into an adorable growth chart! And I'd like to get it started before she's standing otherwise I'm the worst procrastinator and she'd be 5 by the time I get it done!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute! Awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love faux flowers?? I'm a plant killer, too, haha. I can't wait to see the next project!

    ReplyDelete