Monday, January 17, 2011

These are a few if my favorite things!

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...is that song stuck in your head now? It's been stuck in mine so I thought I'd share it with you! (at least I didn't start with the song that never ends, right?...shoot now that one's stuck in my head!)

Okay moving on from the annoying songs I've been cleaning around the house and working on various projects today and I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things!

#1- My Dyson Vacuum- expensive? oh yes, but oh so worth it. Tyler and I were actually given this by my in-laws as a joint gift for our birthdays last year since we got new carpeting in our house. We have the dyson animal ball.



I love this thing, it picks up dog hair and leaves my rugs/carpet looking amazing! We have three dogs so pet hair control around this house is a must and this vacuum works wonders! I've never used a vacuum that works so well in my life! If you ever get a chance to really splurge for a new vacuum get a dyson. And since they apparently never lose suction we shouldn't ever really need to get another vacuum so it's def. worth every penny!

#2 The Shark Steam Mop- All our upstairs floors are laminate wood flooring and our bathrooms are tile. I used to use the swifer wetjet but it never seemed to get the job done. This puppy is awesome, it steam cleans your floors without having to use chemicals and because it steams it sanitizes all at the same time! And instead of having to wait for your floors to dry in a matter of seconds they are dry! The pads are re-washable so you don't have to buy anything for it, just fill it with water, plug it in and in a few seconds your steam cleaning your floors! Serious, this thing is awesome and it makes your floors so shiny!

Plus, I won't lie, I use this on my walls too by our back door we let our dogs in and out and there's usually mud or something they've tracked in that gets splattered all around and it works super easy- instead of scrubbing with products that could discolor your paint this thing steams it all right off!

#3 Space Bags- Okay I won't lie I wasn't a believer that these things would ever work but wow! I stuffed a very fluffy over-sized comforter into one of these and now it happily sits on the self annnnnd I have room for other stuff on there without it all falling off or making you worry there will be an avalanche when you open the closet door!  
I'm seriously in awe of these things- they would be a pain to deal with daily but when you're wanting to store away extra bedding/blankets or your sweaters during summer to make room in your closet they are so totally worth it!

#4- Cricut Expression- Okay I love to scrapbook and do little craft projects and this thing is awesome! Tyler got it for me for christmas and I love it! It's great for jazzing up blank cards, scrapbooking, and making projects around the house or making decorations for parties/events!
It has seriously got to be one of the most fun things I've ever owned! I love it! Plus, it's super cute- I have the one pictured above and it's even more cute in person! (I realize how crazy that sounds but I'm serious!)

#5- Netflix- Tyler and I are movie junkies. We spend most of our free time relaxing on the couch watching TV or movies. We just finished watching seven seasons of 24. We have the cheapest plan possible and are able to watch it on our TV through our Wii. It's awesome- much cheaper then going out to the movies or renting them.

So there you have it a few of my favorite things! Hope you're all having a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment