Thursday, January 6, 2011

LIES! LIES! LIES!

Well my intentions to clean the closet yesterday and test out my space bags failed miserably...Ugh, none of my plans have been working out the way I intend lately.

Now, you're probably wondering what my title is all about...bear with me while I rant a little will you?
When you're in 1st grade you see the 5th graders and think they look so big, they're so grown up, etc. Then once you get there you realize they weren't that different, they really weren't that grown up, and really they weren't much taller then you...the same thing happens when you're in sixth grade and you see the 8th graders and the same thing when you're a freshmen and you look at the seniors....really, they never had it all together, they were never really that much bigger or different then you...really it was all in your head.

All my life it always seemed like mother's had it all together (well most of them anyway)... For some reason I had some idea that when women became mothers something magically happened and they just had it all together...I thought they were so much more grown up, that they had it all together, they were taller (I'm 5'2 so everyone always seems like they're taller!), that everything would just fall into place...Nope, not true, just like I picture the older kids as wiser, bigger, having it all together it's a lie! Things just get more complicated and you have to become better at balancing life...and let me tell you, it's a lot harder then it looks...Someday, maybe I'll have it all together...pfft, no I probably won't but, that's okay...because even if I don't have it all together at least I know together with my family I've got it all....(cliche? probably but it's true!)

1 comment: