Friday, January 7, 2011

Lucy's 2 Month Birthday!

I can't believe it...my baby is already growing up so fast it's hard to believe. Sometimes I desperately wish she came with a remote so I could use a pause button on her life, I truly wish I could keep her little for a bit longer... I dread knowing that one day the world will start to scrap away at her innocence...

So, I can't lie, when I looked outside this morning I sighed and thanked God for such a beautiful gift to Lucy on her 2 month birthday...Here's what it looked like:
outside our front door

Yes, I know it's not really just for her but it was beautiful and perfect...not to mention it keeps snowing on important times in her life- first thanksgiving- snow, first christmas- snow, 2 month birthday- snow. I don't know how many of you watched Gilmore Girls but Lorali has a thing with snow and it's super special to her, I hope Lucy grows up feeling that way about snow... I love how beautiful, perfect and innocent snow makes the world look.
And I feel terrible for her but, they only do shots on Friday's at our health department so our poor girl will have to get her first set of shots today... I hope the snow makes up for it and she doesn't hold it against us!

She has been such a blessing in our lives, I couldn't imagine life without her anymore. Here are some of my favorite things about her/memories...
-When she wants something- food, to be put in the car after she's in her car seat, etc.- she starts crying the moment you put a bib on her or open the car door she makes a giggling sound like she's thinking "haha I made you do what I wanted!" It's adorable and makes me laugh.
-She burps/farts during the most awkward moments- the first time we took her to church she burped when the pastor was sharing prayer requests...it was super quiet and her burp was super loud!
-Her eyes get blue-er everyday. When she looks at me with those bright eyes like I'm her whole world I'm flooded with a feeling I can't even describe...
-Her facial expressions, she is so very expressive I wish with all my heart I could read her mind to know what she's thinking when she makes certain faces.

Those are just a few...I'm so very grateful for her. She has been such a blessing in our lives and even on her fussiest of days, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.
on her 2 month birthday!
all ready for daycare
Happy Birthday Lucy! 
I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Happy two months, Lucy! Good luck with the shots. They're not so bad. Just make sure they let you stand right beside her so you can swoop in and pick her up right away. :)

    ReplyDelete