Thursday, January 13, 2011

T-Shirts, Hoodies, and Jeans, Oh-my!

I've been realizing more and more since I've gone back to work a few things about my wardrobe (I lived in sweats when I was on maternity leave)... I look like a college student! Working with teenagers I own so many church t-shirts/hoodies that they've taken over my wardrobe much like I essentially owned mostly college apparel, now I pretty much have my sunday morning church clothes and literally my church clothes- tshirts, etc. Now this goes back to my earlier post Lies! Lies! Lies!... I felt like once I became a mom things would change-things like my wardrobe...I'm realizing more and more as I've gone back to work that since I'm only 5'2(I haven't really grown since I was in jr. high) plus the fact that I wear jeans and hoodies/tshirts a lot I end up "blending in" with my students... 
Bit by bit it is my goal to re-vamp my wardrobe from student to mom...now, I don't want to start wearing mom jeans or anything old lady like but I'd like to look my age and not have people wonder if I'm a teenage mother!
Granted, it doesn't help that most of my clothes I still can't wear- i.e. mainly my pants...but still, I'm not 16 anymore! I'm not in college anymore and unless I'm at youth group or a youth group event or being lazy around the house I don't want to wear my t-shirts/hoodies!
I have high hopes for cardigans to layer with cami's, sweaters, adorable tops that have personality, jeans that fit, cute shoes that don't have the word tennis in front of them...
Hey, I might not be able to grow but maybe wearing clothes that set me slightly apart from my jr/sr high students would help, right? Oh what it means to grow up...or well in my case grow old!
I'm hoping this weekend to use my christmas gift cards to make a bit of a difference! We'll see! My goals: find jeans that fit, a cute pair of warm boots that don't look like uggs and that don't have heals (I'm clumsy and snow+heals just is a disaster waiting to happen for me!), a white/cream colored cardigan.
Wish me luck! Someday I'd like to look more young mom then teen mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment