Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucy's 1st Marriage Proposal!

Okay so I completely forgot about this story when I was writing my update earlier but it has been making me giggle all morning so I've got to share it with you!

Last night, at youth group, one of my 6th grade students- Richie- who is the quintessential 12 year old boy who doesn't know what an inside voice is, has temporary boy/age induced A.D.D. and has a need to be at the center of attention decided to ask me a question...here's how it went:

Me: Okay, Prayer requests, Richie, do you have any?
Richie: No, but I do have a question.
Me: (internal sigh because you never know what kind of question you're going to get, I was expecting a smart alec comment similar to "Where do babies come from?") Okay, Make it quick.
Richie: May I have your daughters hand in marriage? (keep in mind he said this with complete seriousness)
Connor (another one of my students): What?! She's a baby, you're a creep!
Richie: But she's cute! (cue awkwardly innocent smile (it's awkward because he's rarely innocent!)
Me: Well, you'll have to talk to Tyler about that one (I say this while trying to hold in my laughter)
Richie: Really? Ok!
Richie turns around a looks at Tyler: Hey! Tyler?
Tyler: Yeah?
Richie: May I have your daughters hand in marriage?
Tyler: (looking rather dumbfounded for a second quickly recovers from shock) No. (He is very clearly trying to stifle his laughter at this point too.)
Richie: Aww, dang.
Kabe (Another one of my students): Don't worry Tyler, when she's old enough to date, I'll come over and we can scar the poo out of any boys who try to date her, heck, any boys who even look at her!

So, there you have it, my poor daughter is going to grow up having many many many older brothers who will be uber over protective against the ones who ask for her hand in marriage!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that is to cute. Kids say the darnest things thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete