Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner and a Recipe!

Dinner was good last night! I love using my crock pot, seriously it is one of the best things ever!
I made Ranch Roast, Corn Fritters, Green Beans and no-bake cookies (the last at Tyler's request!)
The roast:
Simply take a roast and put it in the crock pot, add a bit of water and pour one pack of ranch seasoning over it! (Adrien gave me this idea in my earlier recipe request post!) It's great!
Corn Fritters:
Seriously, my mom used to make these and we loooved them. I think it was another one of her ways to secretly sneak vegetables into our food when we weren't in the mood to eat them:
Corn Fritters:
1 Small can of corn
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp baking powder
sift dry ingredients together, add eggs, milk, and corn. Drop into oil to fry and salt to taste

They are super easy and a nice change from fries, mashed potatoes, etc!
The green beans were from a bag of frozen ones but I added some Montreal Steak seasoning to them- gives a bit of flavor without having to add salt and pepper!
Lucy was my cooking assistant, she was pretty cute!:
And because Tyler and I have a serious sweet tooth problem I made some no-bake cookies!
No Bake Cookies:
2 cups sugar
 1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in a sauce pan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one minute.
Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
Drop by spoonful onto wax paper (I use foil). Let cool approx 30 mins!

So there you have it! My first Lenten night of cooking! Hope you enjoy the recipes! And please, if you have any suggestions on different things to make let me know! I'd love to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment