Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fajitas, Cookies and Smoothies!

Oh dinner last night was yummy but I wasn't completely happy I used McCormick's Fajitas Seasoning Mix but it felt like it was missing something. I'd really like to find a recipe that is better. So if you have a good one, let me know! I used some left over roast meat and it worked great.

Here's what McCormick suggests to make Fajitas:
1pkg seasoning mix
2 tbsp oil, divided
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless beef sirloin cut into 1/2 strips- I used shredded pork roast
1 medium onion- I skipped this, we aren't onion people haha!
1 medium bell pepper
1/4 cup water
8 flour tortillas
Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat, cook and stir 3mins or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet, heat remaining tbsp oil. Add onion and pepper, cook and stir 3-5mins return meat to skillet.
stir in water and seasoning mix. Cook and stir 3 mins or until heated through.
Spoon into warm tortillas and serve with toppings desired. (We use sour cream, cheese and salsa.)

So of course, Tyler begged for some good ol' classic chocolate chip cookies so here's my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe:
2 1/4 cups all purpouse flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz pkg chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts- optional
Preheat oven to 375
Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy, add eggs, beat well. Graduaally add flour mixture, beating well, stir in chocolate chips and drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet
bake 8-10 mins or until lightly browned.
mmmmm dough!
he is a dork but, I love him!

And this morning I decided to try out making a smoothie- it's super easy and really good!
Blend 2/3 cup fresh or frozen berries- I used frozen strawberries
1/2 cup yogurt
1 banana
1/2 cup orange juice or 1 orange
2-3 ice cubes

It turned out much better then I expected! A great summer snack or breakfast food!

And in other news, Lucy laughed for the first time yesterday! Not just her normal giggle but a real all out hearty laugh! It was the best sound I've ever heard!
Which means that Tyler and I spent the remainder of the evening trying to get her to laugh again when all she would do is look at us like were were nuts! One of these days we will figure out how to get her to laugh heartily again!

Well, I now have spit up running down my arm so I better go get cleaned up, Lucy says hi! (she's sitting on my lap while I type)

No comments:

Post a Comment