Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Debt Down, 4 to go!

Okay there is some seriously exciting stuff happening in the Montgomery house today!
Item number one: We are paying off our car! No more car payment!! Woohoo!
Item number two: We are paying off a portion of my student loan taking the principal down significantly!
Item number three: We are paying back a portion of our start up costs for Tyler's business!
and of course making another house payment (we're totally on the road to paying this one off too!)
I'm beyond excited about this. We are conquering our debts and believe it or not our goal is to be debt free by the time we are 30. Ambitious? YES. Doable? YES YES!
We are excited!

In other news, I got a fortune cookie last night when Tyler and I went out for Chinese that said I would be meeting someone new who would end up becoming a good friend. I don't really go for all the astrology, fortune cookie crap but it made me smile and reminded me that God can bring new people into our lives when we need them and on the friend front, I'm hurting.It seems like no one really has time or anything anymore and we're all on different life stages...I'm the first of my friends that I still talk to to get married and have a baby. I miss having friends I have things in common with...

I love when I can look at Lucy and smile and say hi. She gets the biggest grin on her face.
However, right now she's not too happy so I've got to go.
I'll give you an update about things happening in our lives that's more exciting tomorrow, I promise!
Hope you have a good day! Lucy and I get to hang out today and have fun and let me tell you, I'm looking forward to this mother-daughter day!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Isn't it the best feeling?? Good for you!

    (One of our cars died this week and we were so glad that we owned it outright. We couldn't imagine still making payments on something that was completely useless!)

    ReplyDelete