Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Lenten Journey- Day 1

Okay I love lent, I'm not hard core about it but I like to celebrate it in different areas of my life: spiritual and personal. I don't like to give things up because it never really works that well and after all it is about getting your focus on the death and resurrection of Christ. So instead I work toward doing something positive and making new good habits!
My spiritual goal this year is to become more dedicated at doing my devotions. I've been a big ol' slacker ever since Lucy was born. I've not been able to focus on them quite like I should so, that's my spiritual goal- get back in touch with God.
And my personal goal- is to cook every night we are home- sunday's we do dinner at Tyler's parents as a tradition and wednesdays we have dinner at church. So, unless I'm gone for something going on with our family I'll be cookin'!
Tonight's menu includes:
ranch roast, corn fritters, and green beans.
I'm seriously loving my crockpot:
the roast cookin'!
my sous chef! she's very demanding and picky about flavors! ;)
So there you have it, my "new years resolutions" are always done during Lent! I'll keep you posted on my cooking and sometimes you might even get a devotional if one I've been doing really stands out!
Do you all do anything for lent?

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of doing something good, if giving something up doesnt really work for you. I hope you will be sharing some recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete