Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday's Lunch Break Scramble!!

Okay, so I've come to terms with the fact that on Tuesday's I have a difficult time leaving Lucy to swing or play while I try and do things. It's my one day off and I'd much rather spend it with her then doing laundry or such (unless she's napping that is!) So I've decided to take my lunch breaks to essentially run around like a chicken with my head cut off getting things done that I don't other wise get much opportunity to work on... So today I started Part 1 of my closet/crafting organization.
We don't really use our spare/guest bedroom that much so that ends up being the dumping ground for all the stuff we need to deal with. This morning it looked like this:

Not terrible but not exactly great either. This year for Christmas Tyler got me a cricut, I love scrapbooking and I've had my eye on one of them for quite awhile so I was pretty excited! However, I didn't really have a place for it. We recently have been moving things around the house as we've been getting more stuff for Lucy like a playpen, jumperoo, walker, etc. I ended up having a small table and chair set that I didn't have a place for so I moved it into the corner of the room and my cricut now has a home! I put all my albums and materials on the book shelf leaving the bottom shelf for books still. I left the cradle and rocking horse in the room for a place Lucy to hang out while I work on things. The twin bed works nicely as a place for Tyler to relax and watch TV if we all want to be in the same room also! (The boxes I've just stashed to put our Christmas ornaments in so they just got moved to our storage area!) Tyler's hunting stuff once occupied this room so I gathered up his extra stuff that was just lying around and will be working on making the closet in this room the storage area for his things. So here's the after picture!

I'm pretty excited! I now have a space to do my scrapbooking and such that I don't have to pack away constantly!
So, part 2 will be the closet where his hunting stuff currently is and the closet it's going to be moved to! (Here's the before pictures on those: keep in mind Tyler decided to put away the gift wrapping stuff from Christmas and so it looks much worse then it really is, I promise!)
the closet where it will be and where my scrapbooking things used to be


       
the closet where his hunting stuff currently is...
Anyway, there you go, the beginning attempts at organizing my house! (I bought space bags for spare bedding and various items, I'm pretty excited to try them out and see if they really work!)

No comments:

Post a Comment