Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Plan B, C, D...

Well, yesterday was my day off and my original plan was to clean the house finish wrapping the last of the gifts, run to the store and get groceries, do laundry, etc. It was going to be a very productive day...and then Lucy woke up, fussy and in the mood to be held...which I honestly didn't mind the whole wanting to be held part! So, all in all I accomplished very little...so I moved to plan b- today I was going to go to work finish up a few things before the holiday's and run my errands over my lunch break and finish cleaning the house this evening...
Then I got woken up by my baby girl at 4am ...she wasn't just crying, it was a screaming cry... she was burning up...her first fever...so starting at 7am I began making my phone calls- "Lucy's sick and needs to go to the dr, I won't be into work today", "Lucy's sick she won't be at daycare today, I'll call you back and let you know what's going on", "Lucy's sick can I get an appointment for her to see the dr today? 10:45, ok see you then."
So I'm onto plan C- after her dr's appointment I'm hoping to stop by walmart and get groceries, go home have lunch, feed Lucy, go to the church and finish a few things for work, go home feed Lucy, attempt to clean the house, etc.
however I've got a strong feeling that plan C will fail miserably and after her appointment we'll end up back home sleepy since I only got 3 hours of sleep and she hasn't had a good long nap since monday night...(she's been waking up fussy a lot since yesterday morning and the fever started late last night/early this morning)...
So life is just changing my plans a lot lately and I'll be honest I'd much rather have plan D of spending the day with my daughter (if only she wasn't sick it would be perfect) then be stuck with plan A-at work all day running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things done...
Lesson of the past few days: life happens...when your a mom it's almost impossible to make plans and follow through with them without a glitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment