Thursday, December 16, 2010

Iced in!

Okay so here's why I love this time of year...bad weather (which is actually rather beautiful) forces you to be stuck inside your home all warm and cozy. I'll admit it since going on maternity leave I've had several days that I haven't come remotely close to leaving the house. I could honestly become a hermit and be happy about it...except I love to go shopping and go to movies and such way too much.

So, I'm rather proud of myself right now. Yesterday I got all the presents wrapped except for one which will be finished today. I just have to go back through them and put on the cute bows and ribbons. (You can always tell which presents were wrapped by me and which were wrapped by Tyler...poor guy isn't very creative with it sometimes...) Now, don't get me wrong, Christmas is all about Christ and He is the reason for the season (cliche, I know but it's true!) However there's something about giving gifts that I love. I love shopping for just the right gifts, wrapping them just so and then having them ripped into on Christmas morning! I love making each person feel special and loved and thought about (or at least that's my goal anyway!)!
Our tree and the gifts

 "the aftermath" my dining room table became ground zero for wrapping gifts...

the gifts before ribbons and bows- I have a love for shiny matching wrapping paper however Tyler decided to buy the cheap cheesy stuff so I came to terms with using what we had. (next year I'm picking out all our wrapping paper! I've never had so many tears when wrapping gifts ever!)


I also got my christmas cards addressed, they just need stuffed, stamped, and labeled (which is the easy part!). It's our first family christmas card with our daughter so it's special to me this year.
our Christmas card this year

So all in all, yesterday was pretty productive. Now I just hope I can tackle that growing mountain of clean laundry needing put away (at least it isn't dirty, right!?!) I suppose it just depends on Lucy and if she decides she will scream bloody murder if I put her down or not. She's usually very good at sitting next to me or swinging in her swing or something but every now and then she has her days where she is overwhelmingly angry if she's not in my arms! (But, I admit when she's fussy and I pick her up and she stops crying it is one of the best feelings in the world...)
So there there they are my goals for today are to shower before noon, put away a massive pile of laundry, finish the christmas cards and get the bows on the presents...

But since it's so icy outside I'm hoping Tyler comes home for the day at lunch time and we can all three spend the day cuddling on the sofa watching 24 on Netflix. (We're almost halfway through season 6!) So all in all if I get everything done I'll be happy but I'll be much happier if my husband can't work for the day and has to come home and snuggle :)

How do you spend your icy/snowy days? I'm looking forward to when Lucy is old enough to go sledding and bake cookies that's how we'll spend our snow days in the future but, today, cuddling with a sleepy baby sounds perfect to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment