Monday, December 20, 2010

Sunday Baking Extravaganza!

Oh what a crazy year it has been, I never imagined last Christmas that Tyler and I would have a baby let alone end up playing Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus in our church's annual "March to the Manger." But there we were, all dressed up and Lucy who had been awake during the entire service decided to fall asleep on cue- just as I bundled her up in her "costume blanket" she fell right asleep and stayed that way for the remainder of the church service! I couldn't believe it my baby who wakes up at exactly every 3 hours for food slept through an extra 30mins and was the perfect baby Jesus in the nativity scene! Here's a picture of the nativity scene:

After church we drove over to my mom's house to do some baking! Holiday baking has got to be one of the most incredible things. Every year I look forward to the goodies that otherwise we don't often get throughout the year...fudge, puppy chow, peanut butter blossom cookies, pecan crispies, chocolate covered pretzels and lots of other wonderful things, it's all delicious. Sunday my mom and I baked like there was no tomorrow. All the while we were baking Tyler slept on the sofa and Lucy napped in her grandpa's arms. It was a beautiful day! Here's some pictures from the day:
Tyler dipping pretzel rods
Playing games with grandpa!
Chocolate covered pretzels!
making thumbprint cookies

taking a nap in grandpa's arms!
Poor guy has a sinus infection and doesn't feel very good.


Grammy loves Lucy!
cookies and puppy chow!

Well now that I have all these goodies around the house I'll probably start looking pregnant again haha! But, it's the holidays, so I might as well enjoy it while I can right? Well, tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping to do some closet organizing so wish me luck and you might get some before and after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment