Monday, December 27, 2010

My horrible, very bad, no good week.

 Let me tell you about my week, my horrible, very bad, no good week. Okay so that was a bit dramatic, my week actually did have some good however the horrible and very bad don't even come close to how horrible and very bad some moments were....

Monday- my first day back to work...it went swimmingly aside from the emotional breakdowns about leaving my daughter at daycare. I enjoyed being back and was reminded of why exactly I do what I do. That night Tyler and I decided to have our family Christmas since Christmas eve and Christmas day were to be jam packed. (I promise I'll do a Christmas post later!)

Tuesday- my day off- I get a day off in the middle of the week since I work on sunday's- Monday's we have staff meetings, wednesdays are church nights, friday's are the pastor's day off so I got to pick between tuesday and thursday- mondays are terrible so I picked tuesdays to use as my "monday recovery day!" Well, Lucy was fussy and didn't let me get any of my projects done and that was okay, we cuddled and took naps together, I attempted to get some cleaning done, etc. I was pretty content with this day.

Wednesday and Thursday- the official beginning to my own personal hell (sorry this isn't an exaggeration...not for me anyway) At midnight, Lucy woke up crying- this is abnormal- she normally sleeps a good 5-6 hrs straight when you first put her to bed. She was warm but I figured it was because I had added an extra blanket to her bed, so, I took the blanket away, fed her and she fell right back asleep. Then 4am rolled around. She woke up screaming. Not crying, not fussing, screaming. I picked her up and she was roasting. Her first initial temp I took was 100.6 (under the arm pit...so add a degree and it was 101.6). I stripped her down to her diaper and cooled her lukewarm washcloths. She relaxed enough to eat and fell back asleep. starting at 6 I called my mom she said to call the ER and ask what to do they said to wait until my dr's office opened and call them or if her temp went up between then and when the dr's office opened to bring her in. Well she stayed stable and I finally got an appointment for 10:45 for her to see the doctor. We went in and he couldn't see any signs of what would be causing her fever so we were sent to the ER to get tests run. He ordered blood to be taken, urine to be taken and chest xrays to be taken. Watching my daughter get poked, prodded and scanned was torture. She was sick, crying, didn't feel good and then she had to be put through the ringer to see what was wrong with her. Eventually her doctor decided it was an infection like a cold or something. Her highest temperature recorded was 101.9. She was then admitted into the hospital for observation and to receive antibiotic treatments through an IV. We were told she would probably be released thrusday however, her fever didn't break until about 3am thursday morning and we were kept there until friday morning at about 10:30. Watching your six week old baby lay in a hospital crib wired up to machines with people sticking needles in her constantly and not being able to pick her up easily was one of the most heart breaking moments of my life. I have never cried so much watching her go through all of this.

Friday- Friday her doctor came to visit her and said she was doing much better and they were satisfied with her having received the 48 hours of antibiotic treatments. So like I said before, we were released friday morning at about 10:30. We got home, gave Lucy a bath and relaxed while my family came to visit for a few hours. We then packed up and headed to Tyler's parents, dropped all our stuff off (we stayed the night) and then headed to his Uncle's for the Metzger family Christmas dinner, Christmas Eve service at my church and then back for the Metzger family gift exchange. We finally made it back to my in-laws and settled in for the night.

Saturday- we started the day at my in-laws of course at about 11:30 we headed to our house and dropped off all our goodies and overnight stuff. Then we headed to my grandma's for the Torrence family Christmas. At about 4:30 we headed back home to unload the car and then headed back to my in-laws for the Montgomery family Christmas. (I promise I'll share more about our christmas later!)

Sunday- we went to church then headed home for the Larson family Christmas.

All in all friday afternoon on was perfect. It snowed on Lucy's first christmas, she slept really good throughout the weekend, and lots of wonderful memories were made. Wednesday-friday morning I shed so many tears. However much I hated the entire experience I am thankful that my baby is back on her way to healthy and that we got to have christmas at home with her.
So, there you have it the story of my horrible, very bad, no good week...tomorrow I'll post about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment