Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Custom Picture Frame How To

So we recently went on vacation to beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC. It was awesome. I love having pictures of special memories and as our first family vacation it was definitely special! I was looking for a nice frame while we were there but they were all insanely priced and I didn't have the heart to pay that much for a picture frame so, I decided as we were hunting sea shells I would use some to make my own custom frame!

Here's what I started off with- I forgot to take a before picture but basically it's just a plain ol' frame.
 I had some white paint left from the growth chart I made for Lucy so I did a couple of coats.

I then used a basic kitchen knife and scraped some of the edges to give it a bit of a distressed look. 

 Then I gathered some of the shells from our trip (the star fish was from home but it was too cute not to use) I was originally intending to cover the frame in shells but I didn't want to over do it once I started I thought the simpler the better...
and wah-laaah! a finished frame! I like it, it's simple but it has special memories having used shells from our walks on the beach (my favorite memories from our vacation!)
Custom frame with special memories on the cheap!

Thanks Christine for sharing your opinion yesterday! I was nervous about the fabric but I'm falling in love with it! I'm going to order the fabric tomorrow and hopefully soon I'll have a beautiful new window bench cushion to show you! Well, I've got to get making some more baby food for Lucy. I'll have to share with you sometime how I do all of her baby food. It's super easy and helps save lots of money! Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment: