Friday, April 20, 2012

Reese's - A New Family Favorite!

I have a confession to make... My family has a serious sweet tooth. I can't find everything to come up with a dinner on the fly out of my pantry but boy I definitely always have plenty of things to make at least 10 different desserts... Clearly I have my priorities straight at the grocery store, haha!
Anyway I have recently discovered this recipe (thanks to pinterest!) and it was a hit! So, I thought I would pass along the goodness!

These are the directions (straight from the source!):

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Only Better)

1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs (I buy the store bought crushed but you can always crush your own grahm crackers).
3 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
1 cups salted Butter, melted
1 bag (12 oz) Chocolate Chips, semi sweet
1-2 tablespoons of butter

1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the powdered sugar.
2. Add the peanut butter and the melted butter and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9X13 pan and stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. While the peanut butter mixture is cooling, you can microwave or use a double boiler to melt your chocolate chips and 1-2 tablespoons of butter. I personally just throw the chips and butter in a microwaveable glass bowl and microwave 30 seconds on high, stir and repeat until they are melted. Works perfectly every time.
5. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly. Put the bars in the fridge and when the chocolate is set take out and cut yourself a little piece, and then get ready to take a short jaunt to heaven!!

Go here for the official recipe, pictures and all!:
http://heatovento350.blogspot.com/2011/01/reeses-peanut-butter-cups-only-better.html?m=1

I am telling you they are wonderful!

What are some of your favorite easy go to desserts? I would love to try them out add and new options to our recipe book!

Ps. I didn't cut them up like this we usually just dig them right out if the pan, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment