Sunday, April 22, 2012

Book Review- 'Have a New Husband by Friday' by Kevin Leman- Part 1

Did you know amazon.com gives away free books? Well they do and sometimes they are really good ones!

Anyway, I was looking around one day at their free books and this one was offered so I figured hey, why not even if it sucks maybe I can learn something!

I've so far read about half of it and there is a few major points that I have had to remind myself of that I really appreciated being reminded of...
The first is what I wanted to share today... "here's the catch- your husband won't do his part until you do."

Okay, I know this concept won't be appreciated by everyone but, this is what it had been reminding me...
I can't expect anything from my husband if I'm not willing to give also. It's that vicious cycle that if I don't respect him he won't respect/love me.
I can keep us stuck in a vicious cycle or I can just step up and honor him.
Don't get me wrong I try very hard to respect/love him and we work very well together but as every couple does we do have some moments...
Since i will be a stay at home mom soon I know that I need to work even harder to show him my respect and appreciation. He will be the main bread winner and I need to express my appreciation for the money he brings home, the house we share, the time we spend together. I want him to know that I don't take for granted how hard he works to provide for our family.
I may not always like/agree with my husband but I know he deserves to be respected and appreciated and instead of being upset about something I will intentionally begin looking for more ways to praise him...after all I want him to know that I am and always will be his biggest cheerleader and supporter!
I am so very grateful for the gift that he is in my life. God had truly blessed me with my husband and I hope and pray that I daily I have the courage to treat my husband as the gift he is.
Anyway that's part one of the review! Have you read this book if so what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment