Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kitchen- part 1!

Oh it's been a busy busy week! My house has been heaving one huge sigh of relief as I have finally finished some of my long overdue projects/deep cleaning. Seriously the garbage guys are going to think we are purging. Goodbye magazines we never read!(and all that other junk that's been piling up...seriously I threw away about five boxes from old cell phones, cameras, and other fun techie stuff we have gone through. Not that I wanted to keep them in the first place but I just forgot I stashed them and then never looked there for about three years....I know it's pathetic!)

Aside from some pretty hefty cleaning I have just been enjoying staying home with Lucy. I have do much relief to be able to be part of her life and enjoy these moments with her. I feel so lucky and blessed for this opportunity! It's amazing what I can accomplish while that girl naps!

Anyway, I'm super pumped because Tyler got step one of Lucy's play kitchen finished! Yes! The "sink" aka: metal bowl and $10 cheapo Walmart faucet have now been installed! Yes! This means the painting and sewing can officially begin!
My current dilemma is now should
I paint it all white and just use pops of color with accessories or should I infuse more character into it? Honestly I'm leaning toward going all white with some light distressing. And since I'm trying to keep this project super cheap cost wise I'm wanting to use paint I already have...
Which I have: Russian white which is a creamy white/barely tan color (main wall color in my house), burgundy (from my living room if you look at past fire place pics I have posted), and a grayish brown color that I used in my bathroom and a hallway.
So here's what I have so far if you have thoughts or suggestions about paint I would love the input!

No comments:

Post a Comment